From: "Alistair Hart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ">" <@ian.ukinternetsites.com MapInfo-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2003 6:55 AM
Subject: MI-L Mobile mapping software - call for ideas

Hi all,

Can anyone suggest simple, robust software to run on PalmOS or CE/PocketPC handheld
devices that would somehow read MapInfo.TAB files directly?? I am looking for something
that will allow me to click on the house polygon in the cadastral layer and bring up a
customised form to enter data seamlessly into a relational database and allow me to
query
that info easily in Mapinfo back in the office.

I want our teams to be able to do this in a non-wireless manner (ie: have all data
residing on the handheld) with occasional synchronisation as we work in remote areas
sometimes.

This application will be used to collect field survey information about mosquito
breeding
etc... during dengue fever outbreaks in north Queensland, Australia, and therefore must
not be labour intensive.

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be gratefully recieved!

Thanks, will SUM.

Alistair

Alistair Hart
Vector Control Officer
Dengue Action Response Team
Tropical Public Health Unit Network
PO Box 1103
Cairns QLD 4870
Ph: 0740 503 628
Fax: 0740 311 440
E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Unless we use natural resources in a
sustainable way, we are mining the
future. Unless the relationships between
our citizens are respectful and inclusive,
we are a divided and diminished society."

Rick Farley, Aust. Day Speech 2003

This email, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential and for the sole
use
of the intended recipients(s).  This confidentiality is not waived or lost, if you
receive
it and you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/received in
error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review of this email is
prohibited.  It may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality if it relates to
health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipients(s), or if you have received this e-mail in
error,
you are asked to immediately notify the sender by telephone or by return e-mail.  You
should also delete this e-mail message and destroy any hard copies produced.