From: Stefan Majtan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 5:31 PM
To: MI; Zhang, Jeff
Subject: Re: MI-L XYZ or lat/long/Z for Grid Tools

Hello Jeff,

> So, MapInfo 7.0 Grid Tools only deal with lat/long/Z. Is this true?
I think, that's not true. It works with XYZ file too. I think the problem is
somewhere when you reprojected lat/long to NAD 83. Grid tool is using for
calculation of the row and column MapInfo's SQL "GROUP" command. Something
like this:

for columns:
Select CentroidX(obj) from SourceTable GROUP SourceTable.CentroidX(obj) Into
tmpSel
columns = tmpSel
for rows:
Select CentroidY(obj) from SourceTable GROUP SourceTable.CentroidY(obj) Into
tmpSel
rows = tmpSel
Then checked if number of the SourceTable rows is equal rows * columns
If SourceTable rows are not equal to rows * columns the problem occurs.

I really do not know, how did you transfered  one coord. system to another
one (you didn't mention about), but try this:
    open your table as is (it means with lat/long system)
    save it in NAD 83
    open NAD 83 and try to use Grid Tools again

Hope this help you.

Best Regards Stefan Majtan