Just two quick additions to Alistair's summary that I feel is important to
raise:

1.  MapXMobile will run on PocketPC 2003!
2.  As many are aware, there is memory (dll) space issues with the Pocket PC
Operating System and developing MapX Mobile applications together with
separate Database integration on the PDA might be problematic.

Best regards
John Williams

HandyGIS
UK Tel             07050 398200
UK Fax             07050 398100
International Tel  +44 7768 895605
International Fax  +44 8700 513376

Email      [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
WWW        www.handygis.com/