From: Jay C Russell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: October 2, 2003 12:12
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MI-L Universal Translator and/or Projection Issues with Texas data

I have downloaded TxDot street data from :

http://www.tnris.state.tx.us/update3.cfm

I choose Harris county DGN format.  The data is saved in the Shackleford Projection
described here:

http://www.tnris.state.tx.us/DigitalData/projections.htm

I added the Shackleford projection to Mapinfo .prj file as indicated here:

http://testdrive.mapinfo.com/techsupp/miprod.nsf/d9c4e33650769aec852566bf00603719/495e91546b30a4b585256ba0006c51b1?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,Texas

The line to add to your PRJ file is :

 "Shackelford Conformal Conic(NAD27)", 3, 62, 7, -100, 31.1666667,
 27.41666667, 34.91666667, 914400, 914400

The problem is when I used the Universal Translator to bring the data in, it shows up
in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean!

If anyone can give me some hints I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jay Russell

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]