From: Melissa Blackwell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 1:51 PM
To: Ryan Morgan, Aerials Express
Subject: RE: MI-L Radius Rings from Point Objects-Help!

Simple "Buffering" should do the trick!

Make your Cosmetic Layer editable.... select your points, (either through a
SQL Select or just a geographic one) and then under the "Object" menu drop
down, choose "Buffer".

You can set the distance to your default 3 mile radius.  The other decision
you have to make is whether or not you want to have all of the buffers act
like one object, or whether you want each buffer to act as it's own object.
That's a call you'll have to make based on what you want to do with the
data, but one you will notice a major difference if you have radii that
overlap.

If you want to save the buffers as a permanent layer/table, then you can use
the "Map > Save Cosmetic Objects" function to save them to a new layer.

Hope this helped.

Melissa Blackwell
Training & CRM Administrator
Empower Geographics
Work: (847) 299-6952 x416
Cell Phone: (847) 910-2404
www.empower.com <http://www.empower.com>

Stay informed on important news!
Subscribe to our eLetter here:
<<http://www.empower.com/eLetter>>

How will moving to a new business location impact the people you serve?
Find out with Empower Relocator!
<http://www.empower.com/MapPoint/relocator.htm>>

Optimize routing and scheduling of trucks, service people, and deliveries
with TransFleet!
<http://www.empower.com/pages/products_transfleet.htm>>

Check out our new Demographic solutions area:
<http://www.empower.com/Demographics/index.htm>>

Need a refresher course on MapInfo? Come to a training class:
<http://www.empower.com/pages/training.htm>>