Hello Folks,
This is a straight forward request, but I am not yet familiar with SQL.

I have a Mapinfo table from which I want to select all records in which
a specific name appears in the "Company Name" column. However (and this
is the limit of my understanding of SQL) the name could be (for example)
"Richard enterprises", "Richard Pty Ltd", "The really good Richard
Company" (you get the idea?) dispersed among several thousand records.
So I want to only select those records in which the name "Richard"
appears in the string in the "Company Name" column.

OK, Folks, Thanks

Richard Hill,
Southern Titanium NL