Dear All,
I have a problem regarding editing the mapinfo.prj file.

I am required to produce some maps of Mauritius using the local grid
projection.
The parameters are:
Projection: Lambert Conical Orthomorphic
Spheroid: Clarke 1880
Units: Meters
Origin: 57.52183E, 20.19507S
FE: 100000
FN: 100000

I have searched most places for the shift parameters and I've put what looks
to be correct in to the mapinfo.prj file as so:

"Mauritius", 3, 999, 6, -770.126, 158.383, -498.232, 7, 57.52183, -20.19507,
0, 0, 1000000, 1000000

This almost works but my locations plot about 9.5km to the south west of
where they should be.

I was hoping that someone may already have a coordinate system string
available or if they know the correct shift parameters?

Many thanks in advance

Regards
Ian

----------------------
Ian Sotheran
Envision Mapping Ltd.
Ridley Building
Newcastle University
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 7RU
UK
T: +44 (0)191 222 5461
F: +44 (0)191 222 5095
M: +44 (0)771 432 5454

The information contained in this e-mail may contain confidential or
privileged material and is intended only for the person or entity to which
it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, the use,
disclosure, copying or distribution of this information is prohibited and
may be unlawful.  If you have received it in error, please notify us
immediately by telephone (+44 (0)191 222 5461) or reply to the sender.
Please also destroy and delete the message from your computer.  The opinions
contained within this e-mail are not necessarily the opinions of Envision
Mapping Ltd.