If I use FindFirstFile(a, fileinfo). should I expect the LastAccessTime to
be different from Today?

I tested a file that showed in the Windows Explorer a date from last year,
but when I used the above technique, it returned today and when reloading
the directory contents, the last accessed was changed to day.

A corollary: is the use of FindFirstFile considered as an access to that
file?

Or is there a way to get that ate without making a recognized access to the
file?

Jacques Paris
e-mail  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MapBasic-MapInfo support  http://www.paris-pc-gis.com