I have a MI table with the geo base and some tabular data, and a DBF table
registered in MI; I wille be dealing with tables containing between 10 000
and 100 000 "rows". I plan to make several operations involving a joint.
Both tables contain a column with unique identifiers.

I would like to learn about your experience in that area. I am looking for
the setup that will guarantee the fastest execution. I have identified two
areas where choices are possible: the type of the identifier and the use of

Should the identifier column be string or integer? Is one "faster" than the
other?

Should indexing be done on the identifier columns? Are gains in speed worth
the time for spent in indexing and the enlarged IND files?

Any input will be appreciated.

Jacques Paris
e-mail  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MapBasic-MapInfo support  http://www.paris-pc-gis.com