Hi all,

I am beginning to learn MapBasic and am completely stumped.  I am trying to create a
program that allows me to assign standared geographies (block groups, census tracts,
etc) to a point location.  I have the routine completed so I know what I want it to do
but I don't know how to use it in a dialog.  I can create the code and MBX with
particular files written into the code to access.  I want it to be able to look at the
open tables and be able to select from those that are open.  So what I have now is 3
popup menus, 1 for the first table to use, 1 for the second table to use, and the
third are static values for the distance I want to extend it to.  I also have a Cancel
button and OK button to start the process.

My question is this...How do you, or do you, use the ReadControlValue function to read
from a popup menu that is an array.  I understand how to do it on my static menu
because the value of each selection will be the same but it won't be if the array has
different tables in it.each time I use the application.  When playing around, I could
use the ReadControlValue command and say that if it was > 0 to Print or make a Note
but I can't do that if I want to select one table to use.

Any help wold be greatly appreciated.  If you want to look at my code, what little
there is, I could send it to you for reference.

Thanks,

John Crouse
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
San Diego, CA