Tracy

You could try something along the lines of the following

sSymbolAttr = " (35,0,12,"+Chr$(34)+"Wingdings"+Chr$(34)+",0,0) "
Print sCmd
sCmd = "Set Style Symbol MakeFontSymbol" + sSymbolAttr
Run Command sCmd

Note the use of the Chr$(34) which will return a double inverted comma
(to give you this:""") and the use of MakeFontSymbol instead of
MakeSymbol

However, have you considered thematically shading your map window with
your ID column - this might be a simpler option.

Steve McArthur
LLPG Manager
London Borough of Hackney
ICT