Hi!

I would try to export the table to a mif-file, then read it back using
v6.5
If there should be any differences between 4.5 and 6.5 regions, these
should be eliminated in this process.

However, I am not aware of any such version dependent differences in the
region data structure. Perhaps you do?

Do you mean to say that you are using some software which reads the MI
tabfile, and that this SW has problems?
If so, what are the error messages? Perhaps it's a case of bad topology
that the other SW can't handle?
In that case, the above procedure won't help, because you get back exactly
the original region coordinates.

Hälsning/ Best regards Mats.E
________________________
FB Engineering AB
Södra Förstadsgatan 26
211 43 Malmö

Tel: 040-665 64 80
Mobil: 0705-27 60 27
Fax: 040-665 69 90
e-post: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.fbe.se

Sam Knight <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
2004-04-13 17:25

Till
MAPINFO-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Kopia

Ärende
MI-L Convert Version 4.5 Regions to Regular regions?

Hello,
I have a TAB file using version 4.5 regions.  To get it to work with other
software outside of MapInfo, I need to convert them to more up to date
regions.  Can anyone tell me how to convert them?  I'm using MapInfo Pro
6.5.  Thanks.

Regards,
Sam