On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Uffe Kousgaard wrote:

> I have just tested it. What it does is to export to MIF, make the changes
> and re-import. This is rather slow with big datasets, when only a few bytes
> needs to be changed in the header. This is of course the only way to do it
> without resorting to byte manipulation of the MAP file.

I think the actual coordinates in the .MAP file are stored differently
depending on the coordinate system specified in the header. They're always
4-byte integers, but the values stored in them are not always representing
degrees. But I'd have to check that to be sure.

So if is the case, you will always have to convert all coordinates anyway
when you change a table's coordinate system.

- Bill Thoen