Where can I download the various .DEF files for a more up-to-date version of
MapBasic than I own? These are MAPBASIC.DEF MENU.DEF (etc).

I use MI6.5 and my MB version is 3. Most MB coding I do is OK with the old
compiler, or I can use VB and get the results that way, with the help of the
MB 6.5 Reference manual (PDF).

Except that a bug in MapInfo Set Window... command (the Front clause fails)
requires additional Windows API code, as do "Shell and Wait" type routines,
and these need some defines -

Example

Sub ForegroundTaskSwitchHandler
' MB v3.0 hasn't defined CMD_INFO_TASK_SWITCH
  If CommandInfo(CMD_INFO_TASK_SWITCH)
              = SWITCHING_INTO_MAPINFO
    etc

As my code note says, MapBasic v3.0 hasn't defined CMD_INFO_TASK_SWITCH

Suggestions?
(I know - upgrade)

ILT