Since this is a MapInfo mailing list, I suppose we should let you know
that you can do this in MapInfo without any special add-ons or MapBasic
applications (although you should use MapInfo 7.0 or later to preserve
coordinate precision).

1. Import your list of coordinates into a table.
2. Use Table -> Create Points to create points from
the latitudes and longitudes. Remember to select a Latitude/Longitude
projection using the correct datum.
3. If you want to keep the Lat/Lon values in their columns, add two new
X/Y columns to hold the UTM coordinates.
4. Open the table in a Map window.
5. Show the MapBasic window (Options ->Show MapBasic Window).
6. Use Map->Options to change the projection to UTM (or whatever projection
suits your need).
7. A "Set Map Coordsys" statement will have been printed in the MapBasic
Window.  Delete the word "Map" so that it reads "Set Coordsys" and hit
ENTER.
8. Use Table -> Update column twice to update the X and Y columns you
created in step 3  (or the lat/lon columns if you didn't create any) with
centroidX(obj) and centroidY(obj).  You can also do this in one step
by typing "Update mytable set xcol=centroidX(obj), ycol=centroidY(obj)"
in the MapBasic window (where mytable is the name of the table you created,
and xcol and ycol are the names of the destination columns).

HTH
Spencer