Dear all

I have an Excel spreadsheet in which each field has a value and a color. I
would like to import or link my MI file to that spreadsheet by using only
the color of the field. I would also like that Mapinfo replaces the color in
its table with a code like  "R" for red,  "Y" for yellow,  "B" for blue and
"W" for white. How can I tell Mapinfo that it has to import only that color
and replace it with a code?

I'm adding an example how the spreadsheet looks like in Excel and how it
should look like in MI.

 <<Bsp.xls>>

Thank you for your help.

With kind regards.