From: abhas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 29-Jun-04 00:16
To: Mapinfo-L
Subject: MI-L numbering the objects

Dear All,

I want to add a column to an existing table, The new column should contain
ID number, which is to be in a sequence as per the objects in the table.
I mean the ID's can be such as......for first object in the table ID=1, for
second object in the table ID=2... and so on.
One way is to go to the table and add the numbers manually. But the objects
are in a large number to be added manually.

I will be thankful if I get a simply approach to it.

looking forward for a kind reply.

with regards,
abhas