On 27 Aug 2004 at 1:48, SCISOFT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The only current reason for doing this, as far as I know, is to allow
> Manifold System Release 6.00 to read TAB files (TAB, ID, DAT, MAP) that were
> created as MapInfo "v100" format.

Maybe we can ask Manifold to support this older format? I was pretty disappointed that
the "support for TAB files" wasn't as comprehensive as I thought it would be. I'm
definitely planning on putting it in as a suggestion. Then again, I wish MapInfo had a
"save as" option to sort this out.

> Except that Manifold doesn't support all the points, fonts, line styles,
> colours, and fills that are encoded into the MIF/MID files. In fact, most of
> this decoration is totally lost (even the colours).

Another disappointment - I have to do a lot of rework to get my MapInfo tables looking
good in Manifold, and my hopes of being able to use the same tables in MapInfo &
Manifold at the same time are dashed. Now I have to keep separate versions which
mounts up to another 2GB worth of data to convert & store. One more for my request
list.

Dave