From: Driver, Greg 9434
Sent: 26 August 2004 17:16
To: MapInfo-L (MapInfo Gurus)
Subject: MI-L DWG to MID/MIF...

I've just been asked to convert a DWG file but when I try and convert it
using UT it's failing.  The error message I'm getting at the end of the log
file is :

FME_GEN_DEST_GROUP_NAME_PREFIX statement must be of the form
'FME_GEN_DEST_GROUP_NAME_PREFIX <prefix_value>' Program Terminating

Translation FAILED.
Unable to generate mapping file.

Can anyone shed any light on this?  If I can't import it can anyone
recommend a free DWG to image converter?

Thanks

Greg Driver

Mapping & Data Officer
Surrey Police

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Surrey Police does not
accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.  This email
and any attachments may be confidential. They may contain privileged
information and are intended for the named addressee (s) only. They must not
be distributed without our consent. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify us immediately and delete the message and any attachments from
your computer, do not disclose, distribute, or retain this email or any part
of it. Unless expressly stated, opinions in this email are those of the
individual sender, and not of Surrey Police. We believe but do not warrant
that this e-mail and any attachments are virus free. You must therefore take
full responsibility for virus checking. Surrey Police reserves the right to
monitor all email communications through their networks.