Hi List,

Well, I've been a little reluctant to reply to this thread but I _have_ made
a "quick and dirty" tool for this. It was just made to meet my own needs
which were to help out some of my colleagues who had a lot of workspaces
that didn't perform properly.

It's called WORtjek.mb and can be downloaded at http://mb.breddam.dk
Unfortunately it's in danish but it's including source code. Be aware that
you'll have to run through the code for any hardcoded stuff (mostly file
paths - search for ":\"). It may not do much harm but I do not take any
responsibilities ;-)

Be also aware that there is a better way of running through all layers: When
I "meet" a layer which has to be closed and the app closes it, there would
be problems with the loop control if not corrected. The more clean way to do
this is to do the loop from the bottom :-)
*************
(...)
For i = MapperInfo(giWinID, MAPPER_INFO_LAYERS) to 1 Step -1
(...)
************

There's no documentation to the app (see code)
Some other features are:
- Save all tables from a workspace in a folder on your (danish) desktop
including a "new" workspace
- Cut out tables and save a copy (cookie cutter)

Remember to open your workspace with the "O" button in the app.

HTH
Søren Breddam
GIS- og IT-koordinator
Teknik og Erhvervsforvaltningen