Hi,

I have just uploaded a new tool to the Tools section at DirectionsMag.

http://www.directionsmag.com/files/index.php/view/588

This tool can help you calculate the distance from objects in one table to objects in
another table.
The objects in the distination table can be complex objects such as regions or
polylines. If so the tool calcualtes the distance to a point on this object that is
closest to the origin object.

The objects in the origin table must be points, if not the application uses the
centroid. I know it is possible to calcualte the distance from regions to regions, but
I couldn't see the solution to this right now, and it also was getting kind of late
here in Denmark. So this feature must wait until the next version ;-)

Cheers,

Peter Horsbøll Møller
GIS Developer
Geographical Information & IT