From: Simmonds, Ashley (DTUP) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 23 July 2004 8:07 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: MI-L The Fool's World Map

tee hee, MY world has been updated.

http://www.zen-style.com/world/
http://www.zen-style.com

where the heck are you yanks anywho? :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Gilbert Haché [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 14 May 2004 9:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

A funny comment about the map...

After having a look at it, I mentionned some of the elements to a friend
like "do you know where they put the Pisa tower on this map?" and he answer
"you are talking about the one in France?" which is exactly one of the error
shown on the map!

I remember reading an article, wrote by someone I believe to be the
president of the American Geographic association, complaining that so many
people don't know where thing are and that even many prestigious American
University don't have a geographic department... One of the lowest rate of
Geographer among the industrial countries.

I also remember a tv show where a known journalist went on a counttry wide
crusade, asking people questions, but not anybody, like asking a senator who
is the "president" of Canada and gave a wrong answer, asking a Univsity
professors of Geography (I think it was Harvard?. Not sure... I  think that
one doesn't have a geography department) his opinion on the Calgary seal
hunt. And gave it!!! He might as well ask him how he like Cuban snow
shoes...

Is it funny or sad?...

GH