On possible method (there may be better ones)

Split the road networks into sections within each concentric ring
Sum the length within each region

Hope this helps

Yours

Martin Spiers

                      "Cowper, Brian"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "MapInfo-L \(E-mail\)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      com>                     cc:

                                               Subject:  MI-L How do I calculate the
total length of roads within a region.
                      24/09/2004 16:23

I have a road network as a table and another table which has a series of
regions - a bit like a set of concentric circles which form donut regions,
with each region not over lapping. what I need to do is calculate the
length of roads within each donut region. I have several tables of historic
road network (e.g. 1950 network, 1960 network 1970...) and would need to
the same calculations for each historic road network table.

I do not have MapBasic, is this something I can do easily in MapInfo
through queries?

Brian Cowper