From: David Baker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 19 October 2004 10:13
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MI-L Mapbasic code won't execute unless MI has focus

I have a strange one here!

Running MI 4.5 under Windows XP home (but same problem occurs on another PC
running Win98SE).

I have some code in the RemoteMsgHandler subroutine:

        Print "Stops at next line unless front window!"
        Commit Table Vessels
        Print "Commit Table Vessels doesn't execute unless front window!"

If I run the MBX it so MI is not the front window (by having Calculator on
top so I can still
see the MI message window), and some remote data comes in, the first Print
line
executes, but the 2nd print line doesn't, so it is getting stuck on the
"Commit Table
Vessels" line.
The MapInfo icon in the task bar flashes orange but that is all that
happens. As soon as
I click on the flashing icon to bring MI to the front, the code continues to
execute - the
table is committed & the 2nd print statement executes.

Anyone know what is causing this "hanging"?

I also tried

        Print "Stops at next line unless front window!"
        Set Event Processing Off
        Commit Table Vessels
        Print "Commit Table Vessels doesn't execute unless front window!"

just in case it was one of my other event handlers screwing things up, but
same
symptoms.

Dave