From: "Selves, Simon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 6:18 PM
Subject: MI-L Dead-ends and dangles

Hi All,

Does anyone have any idea how to isolate/select "Dead_ends" (i.e.
Cul-de-sacs etc.) in a road network, in Mapinfo? I've tried all sorts of
queries, but cannot seem to select either the dead-ends or their inverse.

I'm also trying to construct a spatial query to select line objects that are
not connected to a continuous network i.e. hanging road segments. Anyone
with any ideas?

I have a basic knowledge of Mapbasic so am not adverse to running some
scripts if necessary.

Much obliged for your time.

Simon

This email and any attached files are confidential. They are intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you
have received this email in error, please notify the sender by return email,
and delete the original.

All outgoing emails and attached files are virus scanned, but we do not
represent that this email and any attached files are free from computer
viruses or other defects. Further, we do not accept any liability for any
damage caused by this email or attachments.