From: Gilbert Haché [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 15 November 2004 20:01
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MI-L Mapbasic application stop if working in background

I have a Mapbasic application that freezes when the process is working on a
map and whenever I activate or use any other application (non Mapinfo) in
windows, the program stop!

The program make a treatment of selecting points from a big file. I then
create a polygon on cosmetic. I make a process of points found in polygon
and return a status in which Census division (other layer) they fall in (I
found the most significants). I then make a list of those Census division an
place the list in a list and this list may be saved in a temp file if too
big. I have many other process using like creating Convex hull and so. When
all treatment done for that location, I create other location, new polygons
on cosmetic and so. It's a huge and long process. I need to have this
program to run while I'm working on something else in my computer. This is
why I use other windows application like word, excel, whatever at the same
time.

Everything works fine until it begins working in background.

Any idears?

Gilbert Haché

Solutions Consortech Inc.

6300, Auteuil, Bureau 505