Hi all. I have 2 questions:

First, In MapInfo there is a polyline direction (in the object's drawing
direction). Can we
programmatically (ie via Mapbasic) obtain this direction (as clockwise or
counter-clockwise)?

Secondly, my actual purpose is: I have a parcel and I want to put a house in
that parcel so that
1) The 3 walls of the house will be 4 meters inside (and parallel to) the 3
parcel sides.
2) The area of the house will be 70% of the parcel's area. (In this way the
house will be closed up with the 4th side.)

The shape of the parcel may be rectangle, trapezoid or more complicated. I need
a strong and general algorithm which will work with even bad parcel shapes. I
have found it difficult to decide which  of the 2 parallel lines belong to the
inner part of the parcel. (There are 2 identical lines which are 4-meters
equidistant from a line.) Anyone suggest an algorithm or point me in the right
direction?

Thanks...