From: Lars V. Nielsen (GisPro) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 25 November 2004 12:26
To: Robert Crossley
Cc: MapInfo List
Subject: Re: MI-L Accuracy of an object variable?

Hi Robert,

The accuracy (or better: resolution) of any (feature) object in MapInfo is
dependent on the relevant projection bounds. The wider the bounds, the
poorer the accuracy/resolution.

The worst accuracy is using a straight lat/long table, since it needs to
accomodate 40000 km inside a 32 bit integer, resulting in a coordinate
accurracy/resolution of  > 1 centimeter/? inch.

It's possible to control the bounds in a table, rendering higher accuracy,
but I suspect the cosmetic "layers" to always use the general lat/long
projection, rendering them as the poorer choice.

So I'd go for a (temporary) table anytime if accuracy is a concern.

Best regards/Med venlig hilsen
Lars V. Nielsen
GisPro, Denmark
http://www.gispro.dk/