Hello,

I am a total newcomer to MapInfo 7.0 but have programmed in VB / C++ / Lisp etc
on other
platforms. I have just got it installed and would like to know what are the
available development
platforms in MapInfo 7.0.

I understand that the native development tool is MapBasic. My questions are:

1. Is Mapbasic the only platform for Mapinfo 7.0? If yes, how do I get started
with it? Where is
the online programmers documentation etc?

2. Is VB or VBA a possible programming tool?

Let me know some answers so I can get started with your kind help.

Regards
Rakesh