I had very little success about my attempt at documenting the registration
of a raster image; the use of labels to identify the reference points is a
kind of a dead end because MI will not read from the TAB file those labels
(error known since ever, and never tackled)

I have written a small app that helps in documenting such a registration:
Rrp_vis.mbx  (raster registration points visualisation)

It creates a table of the registration points from the data stored in the
TAB file and using the coordsys of the topmost mapper (it should be that
used in the registration).

A second (optional) table can also store the "pixel errors" (picked up by
the user from the registration window) and represent them as circles with
radiuses proportionate to the errors.

As the app allows also for saving the registration TAB file under another
name, these three files (under the same name) document fully the
registration and several sets of the kind can record various registrations
of the same image.

Available on www.paris-pc-gis.com/down.htm

Comments (always welcome) at [EMAIL PROTECTED]