Hi David!

Just go for the *.shp file - the other ones are used as needed.
Much like a *.tab file has a *.map, a*.dat and an *.idcompanion.

Note that I do not believe that UT can use the *.prj file. I'ts a late
addition by ESRI when they discovered people were using the shape file
format for geographic information. ;-)

Hälsning / Best regards Mats.E
________________________
FB Engineering AB
Södra Förstadsgatan 26
211 43 Malmö

Tel: 040-660 25 50
Mobil: 0705-27 60 27
Fax: 040-660 25 99
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.fbe.se

"David Reid" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
2004-12-10 05:14

Till
"MapInfo-L" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Kopia

Ärende
MI-L Translating Shape files, which files are necessary

Greetings list. I have quite a few sets of dlg's I'm converting from ESRI
shape file format to MI. The sets contain the following ordinary ESRI
files,
does UT require _ALL_ of these files to convert to tabs?

*.sbx
*.prj projection file?
*.sbn
*.dbf data
*.shp vector data?
*.shx index data?

I know the dbf and shp files are required and probably a couple more but
all?

Thanks,
David Reid

---