From: Cinda Graubard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 10 December 2004 12:51
To: David Reid; MapInfo-L
Subject: Re: MI-L Translating Shape files, which files are necessary

the .shp file translation will use the required additional files and create
the .tab, .map, .dat etc.  note, however, that the .prj file is NOT a
projection file, but a "project" file which is equivalent (more or less) to
a MapInfo workspace. you will have to know the original projection and set
it in UT.

cinda graubard
geomax