From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: December 10, 2004 10:08 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Ang. MI-L MapInfo ProViewer 7.8 error

I am running Windows 2000 here and had no problem with the process.

The exe file is a self extracting zip archive. Perhaps it has been created
with older/newer bin components that your OS does not like.
Try unzipping it manually, I tested both WinZip and WinRar and both could
extract the setup and msi files to a directory.
Then install it using setup.exe

Hälsning / Best regards Mats.E
________________________
FB Engineering AB
Södra Förstadsgatan 26
211 43 Malmö

Tel: 040-660 25 50
Mobil: 0705-27 60 27
Fax: 040-660 25 99
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.fbe.se

"Hughes, Colleen / Don Mitchell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
2004-12-10 15:48

Till
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Kopia

Ärende
MI-L MapInfo ProViewer 7.8 error

Hi Listers,

Has anyone else had this problem??

Got an update email from MapInfo to download the new ProViewer v7.8.
Downloaded it OK.  Tried to extract...ERROR message
"C:\...\ProViewer78.exe
is not a valid Win32 application".

Now I am running WinXP SP2, and the system requirements are for XP SP1a.
Think this might be the problem.  If so, will v7.0 work with WORs and TABs
made in MapInfo v7.8?  Any of the MapInfo development team have any
answers?
Anyone else?

Don Mitchell