From: SCISOFT [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 20 December 2004 2:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: MI-L Cracking .NET Assemblies (was Dot NET and the Future
of MapInfo App...

Jon

I think when it comes to the actual doing of it, you'll wonder why you never
jumped into .NET or the yet-to-be-seen "MapBasicNET language" long before
you did. It's a pleasure to use (much nicer than FoxPro, BTW).

This/these .NETtish threads have been amusing pre-holiday reading, from
everyone. Ignorance is bliss, they say.

Sure, decompiling .NET "code" with Lutz Roeder's Reflector is easy - but so
is using the dotObfuscator (Community Edition, supplied with VS or
downloadable for free), if you want to / need to obscure what you have
written. As someone pointed out, MB decompilers are available (I don't know
where, but it's a reasonable guess that they would be).

It's all good fun.

Ian Thomas
GeoSciSoft - Perth, Australia