On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Lorne wrote:

> The current Mapbasic approach to graphing seems totally tied to Template
> files with little capability to change graphs via code. Is there any way to
> programmatically set post version 5.5 graph options like:
>     rotated labels
>     label spacing (every 2nd, 3rd, 10th, etc)
>     Max and Min settings for value axis

I would have thought that any command in a template has a MapBasic
equivalent. But after looking at the online help file, it may be that
templates contain mysterious code to which you cannot get access. Also, at
the bottom of the "Graph" page there's a lot of broken "help file" links
that didn't get compiled into the help file. I notice some DDE references
here, so perhaps that's what's used to interact with graphs somehow.

At any rate, the Graph command is poorly documented, both in content
details and in presentation. We should ask MapInfo directly about this
one because it looks like the documentation is not good enough.

- Bill Thoen