Hi list,

I currently use MapX and noticed some interesting statements on the
MapBasic product page on the MI web site (see below).
Does this mean that I can create a window in my Visual C++ application
(as I do with MapX) and display maps and control them using the same
functions as MapBasic, but via OLE? How does this work?

Has anyone done what the following passage claims is possible? I'm
particularly interested in the two statements; "Control MapInfo
Professional through OLE Automation" and "Program in development
environments of your choice. If you're a C++ programmer, you can do all
of your coding in C++".

Cheers for any help!

>From http://extranet.mapinfo.com/products/Overview.cfm?productid=1063

"Integrate MapInfo Professional

MapBasic allows you to work in the programming languages you are most
familiar with and integrates the optimal amount of mapping functionality
into applications. Another advantage to the Integrated Mapping feature
is even as MapInfo Professional is running in the background, it remains
as a hidden server to the application - allowing the end user to see
only one application interface. The Integrated Mapping feature also lets
you control MapInfo Professional through popular development tools such
as Visual Basic, PowerBuilder, Delphi and C++, giving you the ability
to:

*Control MapInfo Professional through OLE Automation
*Add mapping to your Visual Basic application with as little as five
lines of code
*Create MapInfo windows inside other custom programs. For instance, you
can create a MapInfo Professional window inside your Visual Basic form.
Integrated Mapping allows you to 'reparent' MapInfo Professional windows
so they look and act like part of your Visual Basic (or other language)
interface. *If you've been wanting to add 'a little bit of mapping' to
your custom applications, this is the tool for the job