Hi list,

I am trying to create a grid map (polygons) 4000 X 5000.  Grid cell sizes
are 4.5 seconds of latitude and 4.5 seconds of longitude.  Using Mapbasic, I
have created this grid (although I may need to redo it in order to
accomplish my goal).

I have to number these grids cells (polygons) in groups of one hundred - 10
grid cells X 10 grid cells.  In this 4000 X 5000 grid, there will several
groups of these 100 grid cells.  I really don't want to manually enter 1, 2,
3, etc. in each of the grid cells.

On this table I have tried -> table ->update column and entered "value =
rowid".  This works to autonumber all the grid cells, but the problem is
that it does put the autonumbers in the cells that I want them in.  I am
trying to explain the question but may not be making myself clear.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas on how to accomplish this, PLEASE
help me!  If I need to give more/better explaination let me know.  Thank you
in advance.

Mike