Hello Stuart,

Although there is a utility to build HTML image maps, I'm not sure it's made
available in source code. In any case, it's not a difficult thing to do from
scratch and since it uses many elements from MB programming (file output,
map windows, object processing and a bit of arithmetic), it's a good
exercise.

The key to image maps is identifying the pixel location of a feature on your
map (say a place name). For non-exotic projections, you can do this by
simply interpolating x/y given the coordinate min/max of your mapper window
and the location within the window that you want to use. Once this
conversion is working, you can build hot spots that are simply small circle
(for point objects) or more complicated regions. Note with the latter that
if your region data is quite detailed, it's worth stripping out redundant
(duplicate) points out of the image map.

As well as hot spots, you can also use JavaScript tricks to do pop-up
information. I use a slightly modified version of Overlib to do the Map
Gallery area on the Europa Technologies web site. Hover over the place dots
for information. Unfortunately I have only managed to get this working with
IE at the moment.

http://www.europa-tech.com/gallery.htm

It's quote rewarding to get a semi-interactive map working outside of
MapInfo, so do give it a try.

Regards,
Warren Vick
Europa Technologies Ltd.