Hello all.

MI Virgin here.

I am currently using Professional V7.8 and am having problems with raster
images.

I have registered my image as stated in the manual.  It has created a .TAB
file, which I have then used to create a Geoset that I  am using to create a
mapping application.

Every thing seemed to be going OK until I tried to place the .TAB file on to
another Geoset (The European Geoset that was given free with the software)
All of a sudden the adding of my .TAB file distorted everything.

I found out the projection of the vector images in the European Geoset were
Long/Lat (WGS 84) and so re-registered my GIF to be the same but still got
the same problem.

As the raster image is not a picture of the world I'm unsure on
understanding the whole none earth projection subject.

Also I'm unsure if my original registration points are accurate enough.  How
do you make them more accurate?  Does zooming in to the picture make them
more accurate?  Also when I add a image coordinate when first registering
(say 0, 200) it does not produce a map X and Y coordinate.  Is this
important and do I need to do something with this?

Can I use the example Geosets given freely to add my own .TAB files?  Once I
figure out how to do it that is!  Or is there a block of some sorts on them?

Sorry if these are basic questions but every one starts some where.

So long and thanks for all the fish........

Kevin.

====
This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private and
confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, please take
no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone. Please reply to this e-mail
to highlight the error. You should also be aware that all electronic mail
from, to, or within Northumbria University may be the subject of a request
under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and related legislation, and
therefore may be required to be disclosed to third parties.
This e-mail and attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to leaving
Northumbria University. Northumbria University will not be liable for any
losses as a result of any viruses being passed on.