It's official, this list is the most amazing collection of those who know
almost all and those who don't yet, but are trying.
As I work, I keep a little wish list of things that would make my job;
easier, less repetitious, look nicer, and more efficient.  Some things I
can do myself; customizing the start up, copying queries, editing
workspaces, and some things I can't, such as  writing MapBasic code to
resize and tile browser windows.
After reading Jacques email yesterday about resizing map windows, I wrote
him a short note outlining what I thought I wanted.
Apparently, while I slept, Jacques took my email, wrote an mbx and emailed
it back to me.  From idea to application in less than 24 hours.  It gives
me whiplash just thinking about it.
I am the official beta tester, and it works great.
Thanks to everyone who participates.
____________
Kent Treichel
Analyst-GIS
Tax Research
Minnesota Department of Revenue
MS 2230
600 North Robert St
St. Paul, MN 55146-2230
651-556-6150

        "Jacques Paris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>     04/06/2005 04:39 PM

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
  >-------------|
  |             |
  >-------------|

Kent,

You really set yourself as target for beta testing! I have recycled some of
my previous code, found out that window sizes are not exactly the same
thing
with browser (they have a permanent scrollbar reservation even if not
needed), and found some way to get around it. That means that the results
are not always perfectly adjusted.

Best results are achieved if there are no other open windows that would
trigger the MI scrollbars (extending beyond the MI window). I noticed also
that sometimes the scrollbars are triggered but that running the
application
once more would reset the windows ok.

And I forgot, you will find it in the Windows menu.

Let me know everything about it. You "asked" for it, you must get to the
best.

Jacques Paris