Hi Robert!

If the design file is version 7, it can easily be imported with the built
in Universal Translator which does a pretty good job.
On the other hand, if it's V8, UT will balk and you will need help
converting it to V7 which can be done with MicroStation.
I see no reason to use Autocad as an intermediary format, you will risk
losing all styles in the process.

I do not think you need to worry about the *.rsc and *.tbl files. In
MicroStation, an rsc is some kind of resource file whick can be used for
different purposes. The same goes for the tbl which can be color tables or
something. Neither is linked to the dgn files or needed to read the
contents.

Hälsning / Best regards Mats.E
________________________
FB Engineering AB
Södra Förstadsgatan 26
211 43 Malmö

Tel: 040-660 25 50
Mobil: 0705-27 60 27
Fax: 040-660 25 99
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.fbe.se

Robert Juan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
2005-04-12 09:49

Till
MapInfo-L@lists.directionsmag.com
Kopia

Ärende
MI-L Mapinfo Microstation

Hi everybody,

I have some *.dgn and *.dwg files that I have to export at Mapinfo. I also
have some *.rsc a *.tbl files in a folder named common files wich I don't
know they origin and what to use them for.

My first questions is if anybody knows these latter extensions and what is
their use for.

The second is, how can I export these extensions to Mapinfo? Somebody told
me that there's the posibility to export from Microstation to AutocadMap
and then to Mapinfo, but my problem is that I don't have Microstation
neither Autocad.

Well, thanks in advance for your answers,

Robert Juan