Hi Sarah!

No, I do not think there is anything wrong in your installation, and that
everything works as intended from MapInfos point of view.
It's not only a question of which version created the workspace, but also
what it contains.

Check the first three lines in the workspace file. You will find something
like:
!Workspace
!Version 700
!Charset WindowsLatin1

Now, this particular workspace may well have been created in v7.8 but
contains no features from 7.5 or 7.8 and is thus labeled for the earliest
version which is able to open the workspace.

Now, you may attempt to remedy the situation by simply trying to fool MI
by changing 'Version 780' to 'Version 700'.
While this can work at times, it's more likely that MI v7.0 will run into
problems if it encounters 7.8 specific code or functions further down the
line, even if it does not protest in the beginning.

Begin by checking a v7.8 wor that v.7.0 can open. If it says Version 700,
then that's it.

Hälsning / Best regards Mats.E
________________________
FB Engineering AB
Södra Förstadsgatan 26
211 43 Malmö

Tel: 040-660 25 50
Mobil: 0705-27 60 27
Fax: 040-660 25 99
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.fbe.se

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
2005-04-26 03:04

Till
MapInfo-L@lists.directionsmag.com
Kopia

Ärende
MI-L Problems opening WOR from 7.8 to 7.0

Hi,

Our team has been experiencing problems sharing data between different
versions of MapInfo (7.8 and 7.0). The problem only refers to workspaces
and happens when a document of v7.8 is attempted to be opened in v7.0. The
following error message appears and the document won't open:

"Cannot load .....WOR. Version 7.8 of MapInfo can load it"

We considered changing over all our systems to the same version but it
became apparent that not all users had this problem, different departments
can open both versions on their systems. I was wondering why this was
happening, have we loaded the newer version incorrectly, or is it a common
occurrence?

Regards,
Sarah