On Tue, 10 May 2005, Driver, Greg 9434 wrote:

> Just looking on the MapInfo website and came across this add-on - MapShop
> http://extranet.mapinfo.com/products/Overview.cfm?productid=1725
> <http://extranet.mapinfo.com/products/Overview.cfm?productid=1725> .  I've
> not seen it before and was intrigued to see if anyone was using it and how
> it compared to other 3rd party layout tools on the market. And why isn't it
> included in standard MapInfo....

I think it's not included because it costs about US$2000 or so. If you're
interested in something similar (but at only $295) then check out MapBook
at http://www.gisnet.com/catalog/software/tools/index.php?id=14. It
doesn't do as much as MapShop, but if you're looking for a map series
genreator or a layout tool, it's worth a look. You can downlaod a working
demo for free too.

Of course, since I wrote MapBook, I'm just a wee bit biased...

- Bill Thoen