In a message dated 5/16/2005 10:28:33 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

This is  probably a simple thing to do, but I've been fighting it for hours
now and am  vapor locked on the solution.   How do I get a lat long field
filled  with centroid(obj) values?   I have to ship soome data to a file  that
will
be uploaded to a garmin GPS.   Thank you.

George  Johnston

George,

First make columns for Long and Lat.  I make the fields as decimal, 12
characters long with 5 decimal places.  Then use the Table>Update  command to
update the columns.  You need to choose the right table and  column to update,
and
then use the x and  y  centroid  function.

I use Christian Singer's Garfile program (_www.icsinger.de_
(http://www.icsinger.de) ) to load points to my Etrex  Vista.  It works great!
Export your
points out as a MapInfo MIF  file.  Your projection needs to be WGS84, decimal
degrees to work with the  Garfile program.

Best regards,

Dan
Daniel P. Laux
Geologist