From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <MapInfo-L@lists.directionsmag.com>
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 8:56 AM
Subject: MI-L SQL Server and Spatialware

Hi,

Has anyone out there used SQL Server and Spatialware together?

If so have you have ever tried to access tables from the database using
connection strings within MapXtreme, MapX applications.

My problem is that I cannot get MXT to load tables unless the logon
account is "sa". In a web environment that is a big no no (it is the
administrator account).

Both old and recent versions of MXT seem to have problems when loading SQL
Server DBMS tables.

Thanks
Roger Ling
Technical Officer (MapInfo)
Parks & Wildlife Service
Department of Tourism, Parks, Heritage & the Arts
GPO Box 1751
Hobart Tasmania 7001
Australia

Phone:
(03) 6233 3199
Fax:
(03) 6223 8308
Web:
www.parks.tas.gov.au
Intranet:
http://tracks.parks.tas.gov.au
FTP:
ftp://tracks.parks.tas.gov.au
Location:
2nd Floor - Lands Building

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
The information in this transmission may be confidential and/or protected
by legal professional privilege, and is intended only for the person or
persons to whom it is addressed. If you are not such a person, you are
warned that any disclosure, copying or dissemination of the information is
unauthorised. If you have received the transmission in error, please
immediately contact this office by telephone, fax or email, to inform us
of the error and to enable arrangements to be made for the destruction of
the transmission, or its return at our cost. No liability is accepted for
any unauthorised use of the information contained in this transmission.