Does anyone know what the current state of play is with MapInfo .NET - the
'Grande' project. MapInfo originally said it would come out last year, but
then came 7.8 and now 8.0. I can't find any reference to it ...

Regards,

Ian Hull

Greater Manchester Transportation Unit
Salisbury House
Granby Row
Manchester
M1 7AH

Internal Tel: 815 2059
Tel:      0161 455 2059
Fax:      0161 455 2071
E-mail:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Website:  http://www.agma.gov.uk/Units/TransportUnit.htm

                      Peter Horsbøll

                      Møller                   To:       "Neil Havermale"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>             "SCISOFT" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>, "Ben A Greenberg"
                                                <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Cowper,
Brian"
                      08/06/2005 15:42          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
<MapInfo-L@lists.directionsmag.com>
                                               cc:       "Sukkurwala, Gus"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                               Subject:  RE: MI-L MapInfo vs.
Manifold

It is not a rumor anymore. MapInfo 8.0 has been released and I have already
had a look at it. Some nice new features has been added.

One feature that I could have used years ago when I did a lot of
vectorization is the Stream digitizing that adds a new node to a
polyline/polygon when you move the cursor more then x pixels.

Here is a list of new features in MapInfo 6.5 to 8.0:
http://www.critchlow.co.nz/library/MI%20Files/MapInfo_Professional_8_Comparison_Sheet.pdf

Remember that MapInfo 8.0 is still based on the old code base, so we are
not talking about the .NET version which now is known as the "Grande"
project

Peter Horsbøll Møller
GIS Developer
Geographical Information & IT