Alan,

I have a tool called "Bendy_Text.mbx" in my tools
folder; it comes up when I choose to Run MapBasic
program.  With this tool, one can select or draw a new
line that one wants the text to follow, and then hit
the text button from this special tool bar.  One types
in the desired text, chooses to rotate the letters or
not, and clicks OK.  It works really well most of the
time, but can be a little peculiar in how it decides
to rotate letters.  I find moving the guide line
slightly or redrawing it corrects the problem.  If you
do not have this tool in your tools folder I will be
happy to post it as an attachment.  Hope that is
helpful,

~Gretchen

--- Alan Gunn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I don't want to start a whole new MI v. ESRI thing,
> but one point I
> really liked about ESRI was the labels on maps.
> Specifically, it was the
> road or stream labels and the way they followed the
> curve of the line. I
> am using MI 7.5, and the labeling on detailed maps
> with roads just looks
> amateurish. Is there a way to emulate this feature,
> third party tools,
> etc? For that one thing I don't like about MI, there
> are a million
> things I do like, so I don't to seem like I am
> bashing MI.
>
> What are your thoughts/ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alan