Hi,

Could you developpe more about what you find odd and uggly about it ? I've
tested this software last month and quite liked it. If it wasn't for my
boss, I think that I'd switch to Manifold.. But I've tested it at a time
when we were very busy on another project and I didn't have the time to
make indepth tests. Nevertheless in two days, I was able to get all my
base maps working, the scale and north orientation were immediately
correctly imported by Manifold, the thematic maps features were to my
liking and the server worked flawlessly (but we didn't spend much time
fiddling with security protections, only opened it wide for a while).. The
graphic interface looks nice IMO.  I did particularly appreciate the fact
that there are not so many files around as with MapInfo. The logic is
somewhat different than that of MapInfo with respect to thematic maps, but
once you have a look at the introduction the documentation is very well
done and didactic and the learning curve is fast.

Téléchargez gratuitement Lausanne déchiffrée, 4 pages d'actualité
statistique
Commandez Lausanne à la carte, le nouvel atlas thématique lausannois

Christiane Roh - Section Statistique Lausanne
Statistique Lausanne - SCRIS
Service cantonal de recherche et d'information statistiques
Rue de la Paix 6, CH-1014 Lausanne
tél.: +41(021) 316 29 51
fax : +41(021) 316 29 50

Autres sites à consulter :
SCRIS
Observatoire du logement

"Flavio Hendry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
03.08.2005 10:18

        Pour :  MapInfo-L@lists.directionsmag.com
        cc :
        Objet : RE: MI-L Reasonably Priced GIS/CAD Packages For A Small
Business

hi all

Manifold:
> Bizarrely, it seems to have more features than MapInfo or ArcView
> (such as a Map Server), certainly for the price...

we looked at it many times. it is just to odd to use - they should be
nominated for the "worst software design price", they'd win every year
by far ...

Mit freundlichem Gruss / Best Regards
Flavio Hendry

TYDAC NEWS http://www.tydac.ch/german/index.php?menu=News_actual
############      Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Kind Regards
############             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
############         TYDAC AG - http://www.tydac.ch
####    ####        Geographic Information Solutions
####    ####         Luternauweg 12 -- CH-3006 Bern
############   Tel +41 (0)31 368 0180 - Fax +41 (0)31 368 1860