Listers,

We sometimes get this error: "Unable to update table xxxxxxxx. Operation
cancelled." when saving tables, either by clicking the save button or
accepting to save while packing a table. The error window only has an OK
button and after clicking it some data in the table disappears, not
necessarily the latest data added!
It happens in different computers and with different tables, so it's not
a software installation or table specific problem. It also happens quite
randomly making it very difficult to test for a cause.

I've seen this problem mentioned in the list before but with no 100%
conclusion. Does anyone in the mean time have an explanation for this?

I'm thinking that it might be a network problem as all these tables
reside in a shared network drive. Could a network access delay cause
MapInfo to fail to save the tables?

Thanks in advance,
Jorge

Jorge Gil