Evan,

You are right on. That is actually the way to create hotkeys for tools. Have a
look at my hotkeys for the Selector:

        "Select\tCtrl+SPACE/W^%32"
                HelpMsg "Select one or more map/layout objects or browser
records."
                Calling 1701,

This means that I can use CTRL + SPACE to activate the Selector tool

Peter Horsbøll Møller
GIS Developer, MTM
Geographical Information & IT

COWI A/S
Odensevej 95
DK-5260 Odense S.
Denmark

Tel     +45 6311 4900
Direct  +45 6311 4908
Mob     +45 5156 1045
Fax     +45 6311 4949
E-mail  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.cowi.dk/gis

COWI har fået ny hjemmeside. Ydelserne GIS og IT, kort, kortlægning, 3D
visualisering og arealforvaltning ligger under SAMFUND. Se mere her :
www.cowi.dk

COWI has changed its homepage. Our services within cadastre and
landadministration, geodataproducts, mapping and GIS can be seen under SOCIETY.
See our services here: www.cowi.com